- May 14, 2016
7:00 am - 11:30 am
Triathlon Cycling: Long distance ride for Team Triathlon members from 20 - 65 miles to prepare for SDIT Sprint and Olympic as well as Vineman 70.3.
Start at Northwood High School Parking Lot and choose routes based on your training goals.
- 6:45 am Sign-In and Set-Up
- 7:00 am RTR for Announcements and Route Review
- ALL riders start with loops of Orchard Hills Loop before route rides (not Quail Loop).
- Why? Equalization! It allows a fair warm-up and helps equalize the pace groups.
- Sprinters 20 miles up Portola to the Toll Road and back
- OLY and 70.3 30 mile Santiago Loop
- IM 2 x Santiago Loop
- Run! 3-mile (ish) Orchard Hill Loop (same route at the iTRY!)
- Strength, Stretch and Self-Care
NOTE! TIME for the TALK!
Today I will give the "70.3 Vineman Talk!!" (formerly known as the "Barb's Talk") to set a realistic picture of the next 8 weeks leading to Vineman. Both terrifying and entertaining.... please make time to attend this talk. Gosh, if you are a 70.3 athlete, you don't have any other obligations anymore anyway, do you?
Kristen is offering a clinic this morning as well - optional for all team members. She'll bring the group up Portola for skills riding. This is also a clinic open to the public if you have friends or family who want to take it for an additional fee of $25. Intermediate Bike Handling with cornering, turning, gearing, ascending and descending hills.
Download a PDF of the route below:
Please bring a breakfast items once each 8 weeks. Use the link below (now updated on Monday). Bookmark this link for future reference.
Venue: Northwood High School
TriLaVie trainings are typically held in the back parking lot unless otherwise designated.