COED PROGRAM – Open to Men & Women, All Abilities Welcome
Enjoy the great outdoors, mix-up your running & walking mentally and physically, cross-train, get stronger, meet new people, expand your horizons!
Runners & walkers with an adventurous spirit who can do 1 to 2 hours of walking or running and want to discover new trails each week. You appreciate the experience of group exploration. Men & women are welcome! Youth under 18 are welcome with an adult or guardian. No extra fee for a youth member, but they need to be supervised directly by YOU!
Saturday mornings from 7:00 am to 9:00 am
8 to 18 week sessions throughout the year (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
Each run will be 5 to 7 miles or 1 to 1.5 hours. Trail terrain varies from packed earth to “billy-goat” climbs. Walkers will use time as their guide. Routes are modified as needed, but you will still see stunning trails & vistas! Runners, please plan for 2 hours as you will experience a challenging run paired with a few moments to enjoy the views.
Recommended gear includes: trail running or sturdy running shoes; hydration device that holds 20 ounces or more of water (handheld flask, hydration belt or hydration backpack); additional energy snacks, ex: gels, bars, gummy blocks; layered clothing for variable temperatures; hat or visor; sunglasses; and sunscreen.
Locations vary on a weekly basis & depend upon weather (some OC trails are closed during or after rain). The list below includes some previously-visited locations; location will be selected or modified by Coach Linda depending on safety & trail quality:
- Whiting Ranch, Foothill Ranch/Portola Hills
- Peters Canyon, Tustin Ranch
- Aliso and Wood Canyons, Aliso Viejo/Laguna Beach
- Black Starr Canyon, Modjeska Canyon
- O’Neill Park, Trabuco Canyon
- Arroyo Trabuco Trail, RSM/Mission Viejo
- Meandering Ridge, Ladera Ranch Ridge, Ladera
- Riley Wilderness Park, Coto de Caza
- Bell View Trail, Dove Canyon, Trabuco Canyon
- Santiago Truck Trail, Modjeska Canyon