You can do a triathlon if…
- In good health
- Swim-safe for 20 minutes and enjoy the water
- Can ride a bike comfortably and balance well on it
- Walk for 45 minutes or Run for 20 minutes – or a combination!
- 6 – 8 hours a week to train
- Ability to attend 1 or 2 group trainings weekly
- Adventurous spirit to try new things
(you can also borrow or rent if needed)
- Bathing suit and swim goggles
- Bike in good working order – any style, bike helmet, sunglasses
- Running shoes
- Comfortable, dri-fit clothing for training
- Digital watch that is water-resistant – just a basic Timex or Casio will work!
We’ll teach you…
- Swim, Bike and Run Skills
- Race Preparation
- Nutrition and fueling for maximum performance
- Tips to make racing and training fun and to keep you safe
- To LOVE TRIATHLON!!
- Invaluable life experience that transcends triathlon
- Deep appreciation for your strength and abilities
How much will this cost me?
- Registration fees depending on which program you choose
- USAT Annual Membership fee
- Race fees – varies by race
- Additional, optional equipment costs based on personal choices
- Value? PRICELESS. Really, it is priceless.
- After this race, you are a triathlete FOREVER!
Tri La Vie Team Triathlon Training for Women
Tri La Vie Team Triathlon Training is a group of women training for triathlons together. Our unique team experience provides superior coaching and an array of group training sessions to keep you motivated and accountable.
Swim, bike and run training is enhanced with strength work, stretching and self-care techniques to keep you strong while you go long. Our members train for various race types and distances including:
- Triathlon = swim + bike + run
- Duathlon = run + bike + run
- Aquathlon = swim + run
- Aquabike = swim + bike
- Run = run + walk
Coaching focuses on skill-building in the sports of swim, bike and run. We teach you the basics as well as advanced techniques using best-practices and safe strategies for various athletic levels.
We welcome beginner triathletes and encourage first participating and training for an entry-level distance triathlon, such as a sprint triathlon (usually pool or open water and comprise a 0.5 mile swim + 12 mile bike + 3 mile run)
As you gain experience, many triathletes train for both short and longer distance events including Sprint triathlons, and the endurance distances of Olympic or International (51.50 kilometers), Half Ironman (70.3 miles) and Ironman (140.6 miles).
Tri La Vie Team Triathlon Training for Women:
- Offers unique team experience, providing professional coaching at every group training & an array of training sessions to keep you motivated & accountable.
- Welcomes all levels of female athletes, from beginner to Ironman-level triathletes.
- Train for any triathlon & endurance sport distance; teaches basics as well as advanced techniques using best-practices and safe strategies for various athletic levels.
- Coaching focuses on skill-building in the 3 disciplines – swim, bike and run.
- Swim, bike & run workouts, enhanced with strength, stretching & self-care techniques.
Training Times – Sundays & Wednesdays or Thursdays
- Sunday mornings: Primary triathlon team and Club Tri La Vie training from 7:30 to 10:30 am. Consists of group trainings or “bricks”: rides, runs and/or swims, followed by team breakfast. Location varies each week.
- Wednesday or Thursday evenings (2X per month): Triathlon team training, generally start at 6:00 pm. Consists of training focused on one sport or strength/self-care techniques.
Locations: Around Orange County, California
- Varied, diverse training locations & terrain valuable for race preparation and to keep things challenging.
- Locations rotate around Orange County: Irvine, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, Yorba Linda, Laguna Hills, Corona del Mar, San Clemente, Lake Forest.
- Full training details, times & locations are posted each week.
Cost varies by program, with many options available depending on your goals. Program options include:
- Club Tri La Vie membership – not training for a race, but just want to meet up with the team on Sundays to keep active & fit? Consider joining as an annual Club member.
- Monthly or annual triathlon training programs – are you a beginner to endurance sports and want to train for a specific race? Or you’re an experienced racer and just need the extra motivation of a race to get your fitness and training back on track?**
- Tailored personal triathlon coaching – do you want more hands-on, tailored training approach to meet your specific needs, or ready to take your training to the next level?**
Tri La Vie monthly or annual triathlon training programs include**:
- Professional coaching – this is our focus and we love what we do! We have multiple coaches specializing in triathlon, swim, bike, run and race preparation.
- Detailed training plans for each distance, athlete level, and race via the Training Peaks app (an invaluable tool to help you & your coach track your workouts).
- Group workouts for every athletic level – weekly swim, bike, run training held at various facilities and locations.
- Superior race preparation (for all 3 disciplines plus have to perform a swift transition (the 4th triathlon discipline!).
- Clinics and expert guest speakers to address special topics and skill development (cycling, nutrition, strength, stretch, equipment, etc.).
- Members-only Facebook page to communicate with team.
- Exclusive team discounts on races, equipment, products, services
- Tri La Vie Swim Cap
- Access to the Members-only pages of the TriLaVie Website
- The experience of your life!
**Fees do not include race entries or travel costs.
Tri La Vie Team Races
(a sampling of races)
- OC International Triathlon/Duathlon (June) at Lake Mission Viejo. Olympic distance
- San Diego International Triathlon (June) at Spanish Landing in San Diego. Sprint and Olympic distances, Aquabike & Relay events
- Ironman 70.3 Santa Rosa (July) in Sonoma County. Half-Ironman distance.
- Ironman 70.3 Santa Cruz (September) in Santa Cruz, California. Half-Ironman distance.
- Xterra Wetsuits Mission Bay Triathlon (September) at Mission Bay, San Diego. International, Sprint triathlon, Sprint Duathlon & Aquabike.
- Ironman 70.3 Arizona (October) in Tempe, Arizona. Half Ironman distance.
- Ironman Arizona (November) in Tempe, Arizona. Full Ironman: 2.4 mile swim + 112 mile Bike + 26.2 mile Run.
*Please note: consultation with Personal Triathlon Coach is recommended before registering for any Ironman event (including 70.3 AND 140.6 distances).