TriLaVie Triple Crown Century Bike Ride – Santa Ana River Trail
September 26, 2015
6:30 am - 4:00 pm
TriLaVie Team Century Ride. Choose your distance up to 100 miles on a bike! Team TriLaVie is supporting the Ironman trainers and riding personal challenges.
Riding the Santa Ana River Trail up and back - and up and back - and maybe even up and back again!!
Ride, Volunteer, Donate to the Aid Station or do it all! Most TriLaVie members do a combination of riding and volunteering. It is really run to work the Aid Station and support the other athletes. Maybe they'll be another Shark Sighting this year.... I'm just saying!
Riders can do any distance they like up to 100 miles!! This is about your personal challenge and individual achievement.
This event is part of the NEW TriLaVie Triple Crown Challenge Triathlon! Participate in 3 events where you attain a personal best (either distance, time or both!) and you'll earn the 2015 TriLaVie Triple Crown Medal (designed and made by our own TLV Angel Bill Davis!)
If you have a friend or family member who is an experienced, safe rider bring them along. Anyone can volunteer or cheer, of course. Youth under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Feel free to combine your own riding with volunteering.
- Collecting items requested by team members at training this week or you can make arrangements to drop them off with Martha, Mari or Lisa.
- Check out the Sign-Up Genius website to choose an item.
- Work the Aid Station from 6:30am - 4pm
- 2-hour shifts (choose one or more....!)
- Check out the Sign-Up Genius website to choose a shift.
The meeting place and the TriLaVie Bike Aid Station is at W. Chapman Ave/SART in Orange. The closest address is the parking lot of the Motel 6 and Denny's!! (address below). While this has always been a good option for us, the lot does have posted signs regarding limited parking rules. Use your own discretion.
In addition to that parking lot, riders may prefer to choose street parking close by or start at Rampart. A map below shows the options.
DISTANCES FROM THE TLV AID STATION- FYI BY DONNA LORENZEN!
North to South
- 1.5 mi Trail just above Yorba Regional
- 9.5 mi Yorba Regional (where we enter) to Rampart
- 0.5 mi Rampart to Aid Station
- 2.0 mi Aid Station to Edna Park (restrooms) and bridge
- 7.5 mi Edna Park to lower bridge
- 2.4mi Lower bridge to beach
Common marker distances Donna uses:
- 9.5-11.0 mi Yorba Regional to Rampart
- 10.0 mi Rampart to lower bridge
- 12.5 mi Rampart to beach
- 10.0 mi Bridge before Edna Park to beach
Venue: SART Bike Aid Station for Century Ride
Venue Phone: 949-374-2096
Venue Website: www.TriLaVie.comAddress:
This is actually a parking lot for the Motel 6, Denny’s and Carl’s Jr. From the lot, proceed to the SART trail under Chapman Avenue.