- August 17, 2014
9:30 am - 11:00 am
TriLaVie Information Session: What does it take to do a triathlon and what's TriLaVie all about? Find out when you meet the coach, team members and get an equipment overview, training plan review and general introduction to triathlon with us. Overview of the fall team races, our Triathlon Basics Clinics and Team Training.
TriLaVie Information Session
TriLaVie offers triathlon training including the Basics, Team Training and Elements of Swim-Bike-Run
TriLaVie®: Triathlon Training for Women is for all levels and helps you learn the foundations of swim, bike, run and triathlon race preparation.
TriLaVie® Basics is appropriate for all levels of athletes and especially designed for the beginner triathlete.
TriLaVie® also offers training for the competitive athlete at the intermediate and advanced level.
TriLaVie® training is enhanced by our triathlon support team and a variety of professionals.
INFORMATION SESSION AGENDA:
- 9:30am Continental Breakfast Served (free!)
- 10:00am Welcome and Introductions
- TriLaVie Overview from Coach and Members
- Training Requirements - how much time and how much fitness do I need?
- Race Choice Review for general TriLaVie Team Races in fall.
- Equipment Review - The very basics of what you'll need. It's surprisingly doable!
Contact TriLaVie Founder and Head Coach Martha 949-374-2096
View our events calendar for information on all our programs.
About Martha Szufnarowski
TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Founder and Head Coach
I fell in love with triathlon in 2001 when I moved to California from the northeast. The variety of swim-bike-run training works into a healthy lifestyle and I choose a few races each year to stay motivated and feel young. Though I was inspired by watching the Hawaii Ironman growing up, I never imagined I’d be a triathlete, let alone an Ironman myself! Triathlon enriches my life so much, I want to find ways to share that well-being with others. As a life-long educator, the transition to coaching feels natural for me. I am passionate about sharing the challenge of triathlon with women of all athletic abilities. My favorite part of coaching is witnessing the overwhelming joy felt by a new triathlete crossing the finish line for the first time. There is nothing like it. Contact Martha
Coaching specialties include:
Triathlon racing, indoor cycling w/power meters, beginning and advanced swim technique for triathlon, open water swimming for beginners, natural running, Galloway Method running, resistance training, yoga, and group fitness instruction.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Triathlon Coach – Level I
- US Masters Swimming Certified Coach – Level II
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certified Coach – Level II
- Lemond Academy Certified Cycling Coach
- Stages Indoor Cycling with Power Certified Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
Venue: Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Venue Phone: 949-374-2096
Venue Website: www.TriLaVie.comAddress:
TriLaVie Trainings utilize the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach along the stunning Back Bay Drive for our swim, bike and run training. There are usually specific instructions regarding parking. Free parking is available along Back Bay Drive and adjacent to Newport Dunes Resort, but TriLaVie members often get discount parking options at the hotel. Please review the training instructions for the day.