- April 5, 2014
7:30 am - 9:30 am
4 Week Basics Series: April 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
TriLaVie Basics: Orientation Day
TriLaVie Basics Series is offered on a monthly basis
TriLaVie® Basics: Triathlon Training for Women is a 4-week course to learn the foundations of swim, bike, run and triathlon race preparation. TriLaVie® Basics is appropriate for all levels of athletes and especially designed for the beginner triathlete. TriLaVie® training is enhanced by our triathlon support team and a variety of professionals.
***Note: Registration for this series will close on April 5th and RSVP for the events in this series is only open to those who have registered and paid prior to the beginning of this four week course.
View our events calendar for information on our next series.
TriLaVie's 4-week course to learn the foundations of swim, bike, run and triathlon race preparation.
7:30AM to 9:30AM
Northwood High School, Irvine
*Exception: Swim session is at Nellie Gail Ranch Tennis and Swim Club in Laguna Hills from 6:30am – 8:30am on the 2nd Saturday of each month
*repeats each month, see calendar for additional start dates.
TriLaVie® Basics is appropriate for all levels of athletes and especially designed for the beginner triathlete.
TriLaVie® Basics: Course Topics
- Week 1 - Triathlon Preparation Orientation with equipment review and race overview
- Week 2 - Swim Basics for Triathlon with nutrition and fueling overview
- Week 3 - Cycling Basics for Triathlon with transition practice
- Week 4 - Run Basics for Triathlon with strength and stretch technique
TriLaVie® Basics: Overview
- Saturdays, 1 class each week, 2 hours per class
- Each 2-hour class focuses on different aspects of triathlon preparation
- Classes include actual training in swim, bike and run combined with lecture and discussion
- Coached by TriLaVie expert coaches and partners
- Course repeats monthly and make-ups are encouraged!
TriLaVie® Basics is required prior to joining TriLaVie® Team Triathlon Training for women, but is a great overview for any woman new to triathlon as an independent program.
Contact TriLaVie Founder and Head Coach Martha 949-374-2096
About Martha Szufnarowski
TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Founder and Head Coach
I fell in love with triathlon in 2001 when I moved to California from the northeast. The variety of swim-bike-run training works into a healthy lifestyle and I choose a few races each year to stay motivated and feel young. Though I was inspired by watching the Hawaii Ironman growing up, I never imagined I’d be a triathlete, let alone an Ironman myself! Triathlon enriches my life so much, I want to find ways to share that well-being with others. As a life-long educator, the transition to coaching feels natural for me. I am passionate about sharing the challenge of triathlon with women of all athletic abilities. My favorite part of coaching is witnessing the overwhelming joy felt by a new triathlete crossing the finish line for the first time. There is nothing like it. Contact Martha
Coaching specialties include:
Triathlon racing, indoor cycling w/power meters, beginning and advanced swim technique for triathlon, open water swimming for beginners, natural running, Galloway Method running, resistance training, yoga, and group fitness instruction.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Triathlon Coach – Level I
- US Masters Swimming Certified Coach – Level II
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certified Coach – Level II
- Lemond Academy Certified Cycling Coach
- Stages Indoor Cycling with Power Certified Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
Venue: Northwood High School
TriLaVie trainings are typically held in the back parking lot unless otherwise designated.