- August 16, 2014
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Outdoor Cycling + Transition Clinic: Perfect for iTRYathlon Training or for women new to triathlon! This clinic is for beginner-to-intermediate riders. Skills include bike handling, hill riding, gearing and general rules for strong, safe riding. Transition training includes practice from run-to-bike-to run in race conditions.
This TriLaVie Cycling Clinic is appropriate for any woman who wants a great overview of cycling mechanics as a beginner rider or as a refresher for more experienced riders. Our focus is road riding with an emphasis on training for a triathlon. Through a mixture of lecture, skill-building drills on the bike and riding on the nearby roads, you'll get a fantastic morning of experience to become a safer, stronger, faster rider.
Transition: The 4th Sport of Triathlon! This clinic addresses the importance of transitioning from the run-to-bike-to-run with race-style practice. You'll set up your bike on official triathlon transition racks and learn great strategies for setting up your equipment for efficient transition. Practice makes perfect and perfect practice makes perfect transitions. (or something like that....!)
New to cycling? We also recommend our free class called "Bike Basics for Triathlon Preparation" on the 2nd Monday of each month at Two Wheels One Planet. Bike overview includes maintenance and tire-changing review. CALENDAR
- Bike, helmet and all cycling gear including gloves and sun glasses
- Running gear including shoes, hat and water source (belt or hand-held bottle)
- Water/Fuel for 2 hours outdoors
- Bike Pump - if you have one!
- NOTE: Please come with an operational bike. If you need a tune-up, contact Kristen at Two Wheels One Planet a week before the clinic to be sure your bike can be in top working order!
- Need a bike? TWOP rents and loans them out.
- Kristen (949) 581-8900
Got Questions about the clinic?
Contact TriLaVie Founder and Head Coach Martha 949-374-2096
TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Founder and Head Coach
I fell in love with triathlon in 2001 when I moved to California from the northeast. The variety of swim-bike-run training works into a healthy lifestyle and I choose a few races each year to stay motivated and feel young. Though I was inspired by watching the Hawaii Ironman growing up, I never imagined I’d be a triathlete, let alone an Ironman myself! Triathlon enriches my life so much, I want to find ways to share that well-being with others. As a life-long educator, the transition to coaching feels natural for me. I am passionate about sharing the challenge of triathlon with women of all athletic abilities. My favorite part of coaching is witnessing the overwhelming joy felt by a new triathlete crossing the finish line for the first time. There is nothing like it. Contact Martha 949-374-2096
Coaching specialties include:
Triathlon racing, indoor cycling w/power meters, beginning and advanced swim technique for triathlon, open water swimming for beginners, natural running, Galloway Method running, resistance training, yoga, and group fitness instruction.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Triathlon Coach – Level I
- US Masters Swimming Certified Coach – Level II
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certified Coach – Level II
- Lemond Academy Certified Cycling Coach
- Stages Indoor Cycling with Power Certified Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
Venue: Northwood High School
TriLaVie trainings are typically held in the back parking lot unless otherwise designated.