September 21, 2014
7:00 am - 10:00 am
Run or Bike+Run and Water Play. Sunday is long run day with the option to bike if you need that additional training. After your long run, dip your legs in the cold water for maximum recovery!
- Long Run distances from 6-14 miles
- Route includes Back Bay and Irvine Bike Trail.
- 14 milers go to Col Barber Park/Civic Center (walk 1/2 mile for warm-up)
- 6 milers go to East Bluff.
- 6-14 milers pick a distance along the Irvine Bike Trail for turn-around.
- Your car is your transition area. Prepare accordingly, please
- Running gear with lots of water, electrolytes and fuel for 1-2 hours of heat training.
- Mat or Towel for post-training strength and stretch.
- Bathing suit or dry clothes to manage the "water play"
- Cold water baths for your legs is a superior recovery strategy!
Park on Back Bay Drive outside Newport Dunes on the street. It is free, but watch for some limited parking areas indicated by signage.
Venue: Newport Dunes - Back Bay
Newport Dunes is a recreational area in the Back Bay of Newport Beach. The swimming area is a bay and there is direct access to the Upper Newport Bay cycling and running route – a paved road with low-car traffic. You can park on the street for free in designated areas. No need to pay to enter the Newport Dunes Complex.