- September 14, 2014
7:00 am - 10:30 am
Cycling and/or Run. Training distances according to race-goal plans and experience.
- Cycle, Run or Both
- Strength and Stretch
- Fueling Review - Bring your products to share and discuss
There are many training goals this month! I think that is a good thing, but it's a bit challenging to plan a team event that satisfies most of our needs. Couple that with the heat this weekend and it will be fun, fun, fun!
Sprinters and Olympians: If you'd like to do your long ride and long run on Sunday, feel free. You can combine the 20-30 miler with the 6-8 miles.
SOMA: Please do your 60 miler on Friday or Saturday. You are doing your 14 miler from this location as a "double out and back" from SJC to Dana Point. Very race specific. 🙂
- Option #1: Cycle + Run your training plan goals
- Option #2: Run your training plan goals
- Option #3: Cycle an easy, joy ride to learn a new location and then do your training plan run.
CYCLE ROUTE OPTIONS:
We are starting on the San Juan Creek/Trabuco Creek Trail in San Juan Capistrano. It leads to Doheny State beach in Dana Point. From there, semi-road options lead to Capistrano Beach. From there, road riding leads to San Clemente.
- You may do all your riding on the paved trail as out and back for 7, 14 or 21 miles of riding.
- You may extend your riding to San Clemente for 16 miles of riding.
- You may do a combination of those routes to get your goal distance.
- Bike, helmet and all cycling gear
- Run Gear
- Mat/Towel for stretch
- Breakfast item: www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084FAFAD2BA64-trilavie1
- This is a new location for us! Meet at the Los Rios Historic District in San Juan Capistrano but follow the map link to Paseo Adelanto. This street is on the OPPOSITE side of the historic district from the train station. This location has free parking and direct access to the San Juan Creek Trail
- 26622 Paseo Adelanto, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Venue Phone: 949-374-2096
Venue Website: www.TriLaVie.comAddress:
The location is adjacent to the San Juan Creek Trail (sometimes listed on Google as the Trabuco Creek Trail). It is an off-road, paved trail connecting SJC and Doheny Beach in Dana Point (3.5 miles). From here, you can ride into San Clemente to the train station, but you will be on surface streets that are quite busy. This is a great running trail for flat runs that have nice breezes and brings you to the ocean.