Swim Velocity Group Training – Winter2 (Jan 30 – Feb 24)
February 6, 2017
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Coached Pool Swims for Triathlon: Group Swim Training for Triathlon includes freestyle swim development in a group setting led by a professional triathlon and swim coach. Sessions will focus on building distance and endurance through longer sets at variable intensities. We accommodate athletes training for sprint - Ironman race distances.
Group swims coached to build technique, endurance and speed
It's great to train with a group!
This swim program is co-ed, open to adult women and men, and called Swim Velocity. Though we are officially a U.S. Masters Swim program, we cater to the triathlete who is not a life-long swimmer and wants to focus on freestyle technique for race preparation. All speeds. All speeds. Did we mention all speeds? YES!
- Coached, group swims focused on freestyle for triathlon preparation.
- Attend any or all sessions that suit your schedule.
- 6am - 7am - Mondays & Wednesdays & Fridays
- 10am - 11am Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 7pm -8pm - Mondays & Wednesdays
- Each session includes coaching on skills along with swim sets to build endurance and speed.
- Swimmer brings bathing suit, goggles and something to drink during training. Pull buoy and paddles are optional, but recommended. Fins (flippers!) are totally optional.
- Swimmers must be capable of swimming 1500-2500 yards during the hour.
- Please be water-safe and able to participate in a group experience.
IMPORTANT: If you are new to swimming or need individualized coaching, please choose our clinics or personal coaching first for an optimal experience. It's a great way to start and maximize your training time.
Group Swim Training for Triathlon includes freestyle swim development in a group setting led by a professional triathlon and swim coach. Sessions will focus on building distance and endurance through longer sets at variable intensities. Sessions will be divided into 2-3 groupings with goals of variable distances between 1500-3000+ meters depending upon ability. Each workout will also include focus on a swim skill such as body position, pull mechanics, kicking, breath control, stroke count and more!
NOTE: All swimmers must be members of either USAT (United States of America Triathlon) or USMS (United States Masters Swimming) in order to participate in our programs.
Please secure this membership prior to registration. EMAIL or BRING THE CARD OR A COPY of your card to your first swim. Thank you!
TriLaVie coaches are teachers, athletes, triathletes, swimmers and lifeguards. We understand the diverse needs of adult swimmers with varying levels of skills, fitness and goals. Most importantly, we are passionate about YOUR success! Come join us for swimming that is both fun and challenging. No wasted time with us!
Join us! Training is WAY more fun (and productive) with a coach and a team!
Venue: Nellie Gail Ranch Tennis and Swim Club
This is a private, membership facility. Please enter through the clubhouse and introduce yourself as a swim participant. Meet the coaches poolside. You are welcome to use the locker rooms with showers before and after your swim.