October 18, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Test out your race-readiness today! Swim and run in a safe, beautiful location.
Join us for a relaxing "taper" swim before your race or practice your sighting and endurance in Lake Mission Viejo. Always a great venue for open water training.
- 6:00pm Open Water Race Style Swim Starts! Ins and outs, starts and sighting.
- Distance swimming will depend upon your race goals and fitness.
- SWIM CLINIC! For newbies to open water. Play and have fun in the water. FUN!
- Run - Before or after around the lake for your own goals: 1 loop (3.5 miles)
- Swim and Run gear plus shower items for after your swim.
- Wetsuit - Optional Today! Water is warm, but you may want to practice in a wetsuit for race readiness. Bring a bin or bag to store a wet suit after swimming.
- Towel/Mat for stretch after training
- Change of clothes if you are running before or after.
Please RSVP to get on the guest list at the lake. $3 entry fee. At the gate, say you are with TriLaVie and be extra polite. Thank you! Only members on the guest list will get entry.
NOTE: Please rsvp for this training by Tuesday, Oct. 17th, 8 pm.
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.