Spring Trail Running & Walking Program
May 16, 2015
7:00 am - 9:00 am
Run the Trails in Orange County: Explore great local trails with a group while you enrich your soul, mix up your running mentally and physically, get stronger, meet new people, expand your horizons! Trail for the Laguna Hills Memorial Day 5k, 10k or Half Marathon.
Runners with adventurous spirits who have a solid 6-mile base and walkers who want to discover new trails each week and appreciate the “no-drop” experience of group exploration. Men and women are welcome! If you've done 6-mile runs weekly for 6-8 weeks, you should be prepared to take on the trails running. Not sure? Share your run experience with Martha for feedback.
Saturday mornings 7am- 9am from April 4, - May 30, 2015
Each trail run will be 5-7 miles and the terrain will vary from packed earth to “billy-goat” climbs. Please plan for 2-hours as you will experience a challenging run paired with a few moments to enjoy the views. If you are doing longer distance work, we will add mileage on a combination of the trails and road for optimal preparation.
Includes expert coach-guided runs, program discounts at Road Runner Sports (10%) and TriZone (15%). See the TriLaVie Store for products and additional discounts with our local partners including cycle shops, massages and more.
*Day Use Parking Pass may be required for training locations. $4-$5.
RACES (additional fees required):
- Laguna Hills Memorial Day 5k, 10k and Half Marathon
- Trail Races in OC from 5 - 25 miles, Into the Wild Black Star Canyon
- Whoos El Moro Canyon 25k and 50k
Participation is optional and additional fee is required and supports trail maintenance and restoration. What a great way to challenge yourself, have fun, meet new people, explore the secret gems of Orange County and earn a T-shirt and medal.
Trail running or sturdy running shoes, hydration device for about 20oz of water (handheld, belt or camelback), additional energy snacks ie: gels, bars, yummy blocks, layered clothing for variable temperatures, sunscreen.
Locations will vary on a weekly basis and may depend upon weather and rains.
This list includes our goals and desires, but can be modified per Coach Linda for safety and quality.
- Whiting Ranch, Foothill Ranch/Portola Hills
- Peters Canyon, Tustin Ranch
- Aliso and Wood Canyons, Aliso Viejo/Laguna Beach
- Black Starr Canyon, Modjeska Canyon
- O’Neill Park, Trabuco Canyon
- Arroyo Trabuco Trail, RSM/Mission Viejo
- Meandering Ridge, Ladera Ranch Ridge, Ladera
- Riley Wilderness Park, Coto de Caza
- Bell View Trail, Dove Canyon, Trabuco Canyon
- Santiago Truck Trail, Modjeska Canyon
Coach Linda Kessman is a trail lover, triathlon coach, run coach and multiple Ironman Finisher.