July 5, 2015
7:00 am - 10:30 am
Run + Open Water Swim: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members.
Run + Open Water Swim at Corona del Mar
GUEST DAY! You are welcome to bring friends or family members to the beach. However, please do not invite them to open water swim with our group. TriLaVie swim support can not be responsible for non-team members in the water. Thank you for this consideration.
All swimmers must be water-safe and able to do a half-mile (800 yards) comfortably in a pool. Please! We know you are excited to get into the ocean but if you are not prepared to swim 1/2 mile, you will not gain good confidence from your experience. In this case, you will do water play and swim closer to shore at the discretion of the lifeguards and coach.
Agenda: 7am start for Team Training
- Run + Swim = Run First! (but, all athletes are welcome to swim only, starting at 8:00am)
- Safety and Skills Review
- Swim - distances dependent upon training goals
- Run to/through Crystal Cove State Beach from Corona del Mar at goal distances.
- Breakfast on the Beach
- Race Report Sharing! San Diego International Triathlon (SDIT) Olympic, Sprint, Aquabike.
- Wetsuit (mandatory for open water swims with TriLaVie)
- TriLaVie Swim Cap (mandatory)
- Goggles, triathlon racing clothes, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run Gear
- Lawn chair for your comfort during the sharing (or to stay and enjoy the beach!)
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
Please bring a breakfast item: BREAKFAST LINK (bookmark this link for future reference)
If you have family members or friends who can be on boards to provide swim support, let Martha know. We are always appreciative of more eyes and encouragement for our swims!
Venue: Corona del Mar State Beach
This beach is better known as “Big Corona” is the most popular triathlete swimming beach in OC. Parking is $15 in the lot, or you can park on Ocean Blvd near Heliotrope street and walk down the steps to the beach. Meet on the grassy area next to the parking lot closest to the jetty at Lifeguard Tower #3. The jetty provides a border to the right of the beach.