- April 30, 2017
7:00 am - 10:30 am
Run + Nutrition Clinic for Endurance Training: Learn about proper fueling for triathlon and enjoy a beautiful run to the beach. Chance to win a Run Analysis!
Run + Nutrition Clinic + Strength & Stretch
We are meeting at a new location this week: Laguna Orthopedic Rehabilitation (LOR) in Laguna Niguel.
LOR is a premier provider of rehabilitation and support to athletes such as the “Back to Sport” Rehab program. They are located adjacent to the beach trail (paved) leading to Salt Creek Beach. http://www.lorpt.com/
Sports Nutritionist Melissa Mathes will provide a Nutrition for Endurance Athletes Clinic. Melissa has worked in partnership with TriLaVie for more than 5 years and is one of the few experts in this field in OC. http://totalnutritioncounseling.org/
Melissa A. Mathes, MPH, RD, CSSD
Masters of Public Health
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
Certification in Obesity and Weight Management Level
- 7:00 am Meet, Tour PT Office, Raffle for Running Evaluation
- Welcome and Dynamic Warm-Up by Owner John R. Thomas, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- 7:30 am – 8:30 am Run to Salt Creek and Back (or as far as your goals dictate)
- 8:30am -9am Strength and Stretch
- 9:00 am- 10:00 am – Nutrition Talk with Melissa Mathes of Total Nutrition Counselling
- Running Gear – layers for cool running near beach and warmer inland
- Water/Fuel – for about 1 hour of training
- Mat/Towel – for strength and stretch
- Rollers/Massage Stick/Tennis Ball for self care
- Breakfast Item (if it’s your turn!)
Please bring a breakfast items once each 8 weeks. Use the link below (updated on Wednesdays). Bookmark this link for future reference.
Venue Website: https://trilavie.com/Address: