May 1, 2016
7:00 am - 10:30 am
Race Prep!: Test out your race-readiness today! Swim and run in a safe, beautiful location. Transition review with race strategy, strength, stretch, breakfast and race overview.
- 7:00am Sign-in, raffles and training announcements.
- 7:30am Open Water Race Style Swim Starts! Ins and outs, starts, sighting and race-specific strategy
- Distance swimming will depend upon your race goals and fitness.
- SWIM CLINIC! For newbies to open water. Play and have fun in the water. FUN!
- Run - around the lake for your own goals: 1 or 2 loops (3.5 - 6.5 miles)
- Strength Marker Sets and Stretch, led by coach
- Breakfast with the team
- Pre-Race Talk for LA Tri Series #3 Triathlon
- Swim and Run gear plus shower items for after your swim.
- Wetsuit - Optional Today! Water is warm, but you may want to practice in a wetsuit for race readiness. Bring a bin or bag to store a wet suit after swimming.
- Towel/Mat for stretch after training
- Change of clothes!
- Review website about race, ask questions not on the website.
Please bring a breakfast items once each 8 weeks. Use the link below (updated on Wednesdays). Bookmark this link for future reference.
Please RSVP to get on the guest list at the lake. $3 entry fee. At the gate, say you are with TriLaVie and be extra polite. Thank you! Only members on the guest list will get entry.
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.