- May 4, 2016
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Open Water Group Swim with skills for race preparation. Practice drills and distance swims “bricked” with a run for triathlons.
Swim + Run at Lake Mission Viejo with team. Swimming will include overview of open water skills with a choice of a half-mile or mile swim inside the ropes. The run is around the lake on the surface streets and sidewalks.
This training requires a $3 fee per person payable at the gate. Lake Mission Viejo is a private, member-only facility. Your enrollment in TriLaVie entitles you to be our guest. Please follow all the rules and use your best courtesy to all the staff and lifeguards. RSVP here gets you on the guest-list. Only those on the list may enter the Lake property.
- Swim Skills Overview (15-20 minutes)
- Swim distances ½ mile or 1 mile (20-50 minutes)
- Run 3.5 miles around the lake for experienced runners
- Run 20 minutes max for new runners/triathletes
- Strength Set + Self Care and Stretch
- Wetsuit (mandatory), goggles, swim cap
- WATCH - waterproof
- Body Glide or Slide or Pam Cooking Spray!
- Bathing suit or Triathlon race uniform/kit
- Sunscreen, preferably strong mineral type
- Running gear including shoes and water/fuel to drink
- Towels – swimming, stretching, showering
- Flip Flops recommended (always in swim areas)
There is a risk of Swimmer’s Itch at the lake. This condition causes red bumps (like mosquito bites) and can be mild to severe. To minimize your exposure, apply sunscreen liberally around face and neck especially. Shower off immediately after swimming and towel off with moderate rubbing. For more information about Swimmer’s Itch, see the Lake Mission Viejo Website.
REMINDER: $3.00 Cash Fee Payable at Gate upon entry
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.