- March 13, 2016
7:30 am - 11:00 am
Pool Swim + Run + Strength: Coached swim to review skills and drills as well as swim an interval. Run/Walk included with strength, stretch and a Sports Psychologist guest speaker!
Team Pool Swim focused on skills and endurance building. Appropriate for all levels as both a review and new learning opportunity. Experienced swimmers will run for 30 minutes before the swim. Come prepared to do both and you'll be assigned to training groups in the morning.
Gayla from TriZone will attend our training on Sunday. She brings all the TriLaVie Apparel and accessories as well as basic equipment needed for triathlon. If you have a special request from her shop or online website, call her directly at TriZone and she'll bring it for you. Otherwise, bring money to purchase items. Contact Gayla: 1-888-874-1060 www.tri-zone.com
If you arrive between 7:00am and 7:30am, you'll get 5 raffle tickets!! And... the TriLaVie Team Racing Kit drawing is Sunday. Plus.... I'll add more items for raffles each week. Yippee! No tickets given after 7:30am. Read that again. No tickets given after 7:30am. No exceptions.
- 7:00 - 7:30 am Doors Open to check-in, shop, socialize and get 5 raffle tickets!!
- 7:30 - 8:00am All TriLaVie Team Members meet for special activity and announcements.
- 8:00am Training Begins: 2 groupings of athletes will swap
- Group I will run the public trail adjacent to Oso Parkway for 30 minutes first
- Group II will swim for 30 minutes first.
- Groupings will be made in the morning.
- 9:15am Strength, Stretch and Self Care
- Swift and efficient transitions among the 3 training rotations. Prepare your equipment!
- 9:45am Breakfast is Served!
- 10:00am Guest Speaker Sports Psychologist addresses strategies to strengthen your mental game!
*** Yes, it's a long morning, but it will be worth it! Lots going on and all good stuff! Put your clocks FORWARD 1 hour before bed. Time Change weekend!
- Swim suit, goggles, cap, buoy (if you have one), water to drink by the pool
- Running gear, including hand-held water bottle or fuel belt
- Towels for:
- Strength and Stretch (or Mat)
- Showering (optional!)
- Dry clothes for after training (optional!)
- Breakfast item once each 8-weeks. See link below for sign-up.
Please bring a breakfast items once each 8 weeks: BREAKFAST LINK (Bookmark this link for future reference)
TONI DELOS SANTOS, Mental Training for Peak Sports Performance, will explore the concept, made famous by Yogi Berra, that "Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical."
Toni, a former National Racquetball Champion, has an extensive background in sports and fitness with several awards to her credit. She is a Certified Sports Psychology Coach and shares her passion as a world class athlete to help others achieve their potential in sports and life. http://www.tonidelossantos.com/
Please RSVP below, click on the calendar icon to add this event to your online calendar, and arrive between 7:00 - 7:30am please!
This is a private, membership facility. Please enter through the clubhouse and introduce yourself as a swim participant. Meet the coaches poolside. You are welcome to use the locker rooms with showers before and after your swim.