June 21, 2014
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Outdoor Cycling Clinic + Triathlon Training Practice : NOW CLOSED. Please see our July 19th offering. TriLaVie Cycling Coach and owner of Two Wheels One Planet in Lake Forest Kristen Lawrence will conduct this clinic for beginner-to-intermediate riders. Skills include bike handling, hill riding, gearing and general rules for strong, safe riding.
This TriLaVie Cycling Clinic is appropriate for any woman who wants to get a great overview of cycling mechanics as a beginner rider or as a refresher for more experienced riders. Our focus is road riding with an emphasis on training for a triathlon. Through a mixture of lecture, skill-building drills on the bike and riding on the nearby roads, you'll get a fantastic morning of experience to become a safer, stronger, faster rider.
- Bike, helmet and all cycling gear including gloves and glasses
- Water/Fuel for 2 hours outdoors
- Bike Pump - if you have one!
- NOTE: Please come with an operational bike. If you need a tune-up, contact Kristen at Two Wheels One Planet a week before the clinic to be sure your bike can be in top working order!
- Need a bike? TWOP rents and loans them out.
- Kristen (949) 581-8900
Bike Basics Clinics:
TriLaVie and Two Wheels One Planet offer monthly clinics at the bike store to review the basics of road bikes and riding.
We review the general parts of a bike and give an overview of bike maintenance, tire changing and chain replacement. This clinic is a combination of lecture, show-and-tell, hands on tire changing and humor. (Kristen is really very funny!!).
The Bike Basics Clinic is free, open to the public and recommended for all riders at all levels.
See the Calendar for dates offered.
Got Questions about the clinic?
Contact TriLaVie Founder and Head Coach Martha 949-374-2096
TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Founder and Head Coach
I fell in love with triathlon in 2001 when I moved to California from the northeast. The variety of swim-bike-run training works into a healthy lifestyle and I choose a few races each year to stay motivated and feel young. Though I was inspired by watching the Hawaii Ironman growing up, I never imagined I’d be a triathlete, let alone an Ironman myself! Triathlon enriches my life so much, I want to find ways to share that well-being with others. As a life-long educator, the transition to coaching feels natural for me. I am passionate about sharing the challenge of triathlon with women of all athletic abilities. My favorite part of coaching is witnessing the overwhelming joy felt by a new triathlete crossing the finish line for the first time. There is nothing like it. Contact Martha 949-374-2096
Coaching specialties include:
Triathlon racing, indoor cycling w/power meters, beginning and advanced swim technique for triathlon, open water swimming for beginners, natural running, Galloway Method running, resistance training, yoga, and group fitness instruction.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Triathlon Coach – Level I
- US Masters Swimming Certified Coach – Level II
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certified Coach – Level II
- Lemond Academy Certified Cycling Coach
- Stages Indoor Cycling with Power Certified Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
Venue: Northwood High School
TriLaVie trainings are typically held in the back parking lot unless otherwise designated.