- July 30, 2014
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Outdoor Cycle + Run. Triathlon-specific cycling practice with a transition run for race preparation.
Outdoor Cycling + Transition Run at Back Bay (Newport Dunes) at the site of the Newport Beach Triathlon and our TriLaVie Mocks. Parking is on Back Bay Drive for free this training.
- Cycling distances indicated on training plan: 12-18 miles
- Cadence Focused: higher RPMS, challenging gears
- Add between 1 and 6 hill repeats on San Joaquin
- Swift Transition Run of 1 mile - best effort.
- Your car is your transition area. Prepare accordingly, please
- Bring gear for cycle, run and post-run change of clothes.
- Water, fuel and a recovery snack or dinner.
- If you can't bring your bike, just run!
- Mat or Towel for post-training strength and stretch.
Park on Back Bay Drive outside Newport Dunes on the street. It is free, but watch for some limited parking areas indicated by signage. On the weekdays, there is plenty of parking available.
Evening Athletes! Arrive when you can, rolling starts, end before it gets dark!
Venue: Newport Dunes - Back Bay
Newport Dunes is a recreational area in the Back Bay of Newport Beach. The swimming area is a bay and there is direct access to the Upper Newport Bay cycling and running route – a paved road with low-car traffic. You can park on the street for free in designated areas. No need to pay to enter the Newport Dunes Complex.