Open Water Swim + Run + TLV-Ironman Coach Cherie Gruenfeld!
July 19, 2015
7:00 am - 10:30 am
Open Water Group Swim with skills for race preparation. Practice drills and distance swims “bricked” with a run. Guest Speaker Cherie Gruenfeld! World Ironman Triathlon Championship - Kona - and Age Group Champion Record Holder!
Swim + Run at Lake Mission Viejo with team. Swimming will include overview of open water skills and techniques to improve triathlon racing strategies. The optional run is around the lake on the surface streets and sidewalks.
This training requires a $2 fee per person payable at the gate. Lake Mission Viejo is a private, member-only facility. Your enrollment in TriLaVie entitles you to be our guest. Please follow all the rules and use your best courtesy to all the staff and lifeguards.
RSVP here gets you on the guest-list. Only those on the list may enter the Lake property.
- Swim Skills Overview + Triathlon Race Preparation Techniques + Swimming
- Wetsuits Optional: not necessary as it is very warm now. Water temps 75+ degrees.
- Run 3.5 miles around the lake for experienced runners
- Run or walk 20 minutes max for new runners/triathletes
- Strength Set + Self Care and Stretch
- Guest Speaker! TLV Ironman Coach Cherie Gruenfeld, World Triathlon Championship Champion, Age-group record holder, founder of Exceeding Expectations Foundations!
Cherie Gruenfeld will sell and autograph copies of her book, Become an Ironman, and include an Exceeding Expectations visor for just $15! Please bring cash or a check payable to the Exceeding Expectations Foundation. You are welcome to bring a donation for EE to support Cherie's amazing work with at-risk youth. She brings them into the sport of triathlon - only to send them on to college with EDUCATION as the primary goal. It is an amazing organization.
- Wetsuit (optional), goggles, swim cap
- WATCH or timepiece - waterproof
- Body Glide or Slide or Pam Cooking Spray! (for wetsuits)
- Bathing suit or Triathlon race uniform/kit
- Sunscreen, preferably strong mineral type
- Running gear including shoes and water/fuel to drink
- Towels – swimming, stretching, showering
- Flip Flops recommended (always in swim areas)
- Beach Chair to enjoy breakfast on the lawn and Cherie's Talk.
There is a very LOW risk of Swimmer’s Itch at the lake. This condition causes red bumps (like mosquito bites) and can be mild to severe. To minimize your exposure, apply sunscreen liberally around face and neck especially. Shower off immediately after swimming and towel off with moderate rubbing. For more information about Swimmer’s Itch, see the Lake Mission Viejo Website.
REMINDER: $2.00 Cash Fee Payable at Door
Please bring a breakfast item once every 8 weeks: BREAKFAST LINK (bookmark this link for future reference)
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.