- August 28, 2016
7:30 am - 10:30 am
Open Water Swim or Run: Enjoy a BAY swim paired with a run to celebrate summer!
- 7:30am Training Starts AT NEWPORT DUNES BEACH on Back Bay Drive and Jamboree
- (7am for IM Trainers to meet with coach)
- Swim Time Trial at Newport Dunes with an OPTIONAL run through Back Bay.
- Strength Marker Sets, Stretch and Breakfast
- Fall Season Review - more race stories? Laura Encore???
We are at NEWPORT DUNES to swim and run and have breakfast from the beach area.
NOTE: There is free parking on Back Bay Drive. Be aware of limited times.
- All swim and run gear including a wetsuit and a bin to put your wetsuit into after the swim. Wetsuit MANDATORY.
- Wear your uniform or training shirt and tri shorts under your wetsuit.
- TriLaVie Swim Cap mandatory.
- Bring dry clothes for after training.
- Beach Chair for comfort, but there are picnic tables.
- Mat/Towel for stretch.
Looking for shore watchers, timers, gear watchers, paddlers (surf board provided if you don't have one), swim buddies. Family and friends welcome to volunteer for us. Thank you!
Please bring a breakfast item once each 8 weeks. Use the link below (updated on Wednesdays). Bookmark this link for future reference.
Venue: Newport Dunes - Back Bay
Newport Dunes is a recreational area in the Back Bay of Newport Beach. The swimming area is a bay and there is direct access to the Upper Newport Bay cycling and running route – a paved road with low-car traffic. You can park on the street for free in designated areas. No need to pay to enter the Newport Dunes Complex.