- October 4, 2015
7:00 am - 11:00 am
Open Water Swim + Run: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members.
Open Water Swim at Lake Mission Viejo - fresh water preparation!
NOTE: This open water swim is for ALL TRILAVIE MEMBERS. Swim support is available and coaching on the basics of open water swim conducted.
RSVP! Please let us know you are coming by 8pm on Saturday to get on the lake list!
Please come to training well-hydrated. If you know you are a salty-sweater, be sure to start taking electrolytes at least 1 hour prior to swimming. Need more guidance? Please review the Learning Components on Fueling and Hydration. Those are very simple but very important aspects of your training guide and are found in the Team Toolbox.
- Swim - distances dependent upon training goals.
- Swim Clinic with the Basics of Open Water Swimming reviewed
- Most swim goals are EASY, going longer than you've done before!
- Wetsuits optional: water is warm, but you may want to try yours out!
- Run around the lake, your goals.
- 70.3 Long distance runners can do run-swim if you like. (more refreshing to swim afterwards!!)
- Strength and Stretch after training and before breakfast.
- Watch!!! Please bring this to each and every training. Mandatory!
- Wetsuit OPTIONAL!! Water is really too warm for them, though!
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run gear
- Recovery food, but we'll have breakfast too.
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
Special Note: TriLaVie Triple Crown Triathlon - Swim Day!
You are welcome to use this day to accomplish your TriLaVie Triple Crown Triathlon Swim goal! The water is safe, the distance is repeatable and consistent, the water is nice and warm, and there are no sharks! LOL??? TLV Triple Crown goals are set for distance, time or speed.
Please bring a breakfast item once each month! See the link for options. Usually posted on the Wednesday before training.
BREAKFAST LINK (bookmark this link for future reference)
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.