- May 21, 2016
7:30 am - 10:30 am
Open Water Swim + Clinic + Run: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members plus an optional run. Swim clinic provided for newbies to open water!
Open Water Swim at Lake Mission Viejo - fresh water preparation!
This training day is unusual. There are many options and some special instructions. Please - PLEASE - read this carefully so you get to the right place, at the right time, for the right FEE!
LAKE GUEST PASS: $3.00 - payable at the gate - in cash.
Lake Mission Viejo is a private, member-only venue. You must be on the TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Guest list to gain entry for our general training. Entry fee is $3 payable at the gate, in cash. If you are not on our guest list, but are doing the OC Tri Series Swim, you will pay them $10. When you enter, be sure to tell the gate you are with TLV if you are on OUR list regardless of your training goals to get the $3.00 entry fee.
GUEST LIST: RSVP by Friday at NOON
Only those TLV and SV members who are on our list will gain entry. Please do not bring friends and family members along for this training. You are our guest, thank you for this consideration.
SWIM & RUN OPTIONS:
- Take a swim clinic with coaches and/or just review good open water technique and strategies.
- Swim inside the ropes for as long as you want! (no additional fee)
- Enter the OC Swim Series Event - 1 or 2 miles outside the ropes - Additional fee ($40) and registration at the race director's site: http://www.octriseries.com/#!oc-swim-series/cc3g
- Run the 7-mile OC Tri Run Course
- Run around the lake for 3.5 miles
- 7:00 am Entry at the Lake Begins for all TLV & SV members on the Guest List.
- 7:30 am TriLaVie & SV Team Training Announcements Begin
- 7:45 am TLV & SV Swim and Clinic Begins
- Overview of Open Water Swim - brief - as an introduction prior to your swim
- TLV & SV Swim Clinic Begins - optional - for those new to Open Water
- Swimmers doing distances INSIDE the ropes may start now
- 8:15 am OC Swim Series Event Begins - extra fee, payable to the race directors. This is not Martha's event. Additional fee ($40) and registration at the race director's site: http://www.octriseries.com/#!oc-swim-series/cc3g
- 1-mile options around the lake (outside the ropes)
- 2-mile option around the lake 2 times (outside the ropes
- Run: Around the lake for 3.5 miles, hilly.
- 9:30 am OC Tri Run Course Preview begins. 7-mile loop, very hilly.
- 10:00 - 10:30 am Run Course Preview 2nd wave starts for those who swam longer.
- 10:00 am TLV Water Aid Station Opens on Vista Del Lago, path entrance.
- 9:30 - 12:00 noon - Breakfast, Strength, Stretch available at the TLV area at the Lake.
$3, payable at the gate upon entry. Mission Viejo is a private facility and you must be on the guest list to enter. Entry requires a fee, one of the very few trainings that we ask you to pay extra.
RSVP! Please let us know you are coming by NOON on Friday to get on the lake list!
- Watch - water resistant!!! Please bring this to each and every training. Mandatory!
- Wetsuit OPTIONAL!! Water is warm.
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit/team uniform or bathing suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run Gear
- Recovery food, but we'll have breakfast too
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
- Lawn Chair
Please bring a breakfast item once each 8-weeks! See the link for options.
BREAKFAST LINK (bookmark this link for future reference)
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.