May 29, 2016
8:00 am - 11:30 am
Open Water Swim + Run: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members.
Open Water Swim + Run at Corona del Mar
Swimmers must be water-safe and able to do a half-mile (800 yards) comfortably in a pool. Please! We know you are excited to get into the ocean but if you are not prepared to swim 1/2 mile, you will not gain good confidence from your experience.
- LATE START! 8:00am Today
- Safety and Skills Review
- Swim - distances dependent upon training goals
- Group run to enjoy the magnificent natural beauty of the beach
- Strength and Stretch included
- Breakfast on the Beach
- Wetsuit (mandatory for open water swims with TriLaVie)
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run Gear
- Lawn chair for your comfort during the sharing (or to stay and enjoy the beach!)
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
Please bring a breakfast items once each 8 weeks. Use the link below (updated on Wednesdays). Bookmark this link for future reference.
Venue: Corona del Mar State Beach
This beach is better known as “Big Corona” is the most popular triathlete swimming beach in OC. Parking is $15 in the lot, or you can park on Ocean Blvd near Heliotrope street and walk down the steps to the beach. Meet on the grassy area next to the parking lot closest to the jetty at Lifeguard Tower #3. The jetty provides a border to the right of the beach.