- August 27, 2014
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Open Water Swim + Run: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members.
Open Water Swim + Run
OPTIONAL: This ocean training is ideal for ocean triathlons. If you are not comfortable with this goal yet, you can play in the water or observe the swim and then run with us
Swimmers must be water-safe and able to do a half-mile (800 yards) comfortably in a pool. Please! We know you are excited to get into the ocean but if you are not prepared to swim 1/2 mile, you will not gain good confidence from your experience.
- Safety and Skills Review
- Swim - distances dependent upon training goals
- Choice: distance run or adventure run!
- Wetsuit (mandatory)
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run Gear
- Lawn chair for your comfort (or to stay and enjoy the beach!)
- Water and a light snack
- Dry clothes and extra towel
Venue: Newport Dunes - Back Bay
Newport Dunes is a recreational area in the Back Bay of Newport Beach. The swimming area is a bay and there is direct access to the Upper Newport Bay cycling and running route – a paved road with low-car traffic. You can park on the street for free in designated areas. No need to pay to enter the Newport Dunes Complex.