Open Water Swim + Run 10am
July 23, 2014
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Open Water Swim + Run for Triathlon Race Preparation. Get comfortable in the water with additional swim practice plus a run for race preparation.
Open Water Swim + Run Training for Triathlon preparation includes a swim clinic for athletes new to open water plus a run around Lake Mission Viejo. Distances will vary by fitness and race goals.
- Please arrive early to get set up and ready to swim on time.
- Bring gear for swim, run and post-run change of clothes.
- Bathing suit, goggles, TriLaVie swim cap, water/fuel, recovery snack.
- Showers are available (but cold!)
- NO WETSUITS. Please swim in your bathing suit and change (quickly!) before you head out for your run.
This training requires a $2 fee per person payable at the gate. Lake Mission Viejo is a private, member-only facility. Your enrollment in TriLaVie entitles you to be our guest. Please follow all the rules and use your best courtesy to all the staff and lifeguards. RSVP here gets you on the guest-list. Only those on the list may enter the Lake property.
- goggles, swim cap
- WATCH - waterproof
- Body Glide or Slide or Pam Cooking Spray!
- Bathing suit or Triathlon race uniform/kit
- Sunscreen, preferably strong mineral type
- Running gear including shoes and water/fuel to drink
- Towels – swimming, stretching, showering
- Flip Flops recommended (always in swim areas)
There is a risk of Swimmer’s Itch at the lake. This condition causes red bumps (like mosquito bites) and can be mild to severe. To minimize your exposure, apply sunscreen liberally around face and neck especially. Shower off immediately after swimming and towel off with moderate rubbing. For more information about Swimmer’s Itch, see the Lake Mission Viejo Website.
REMINDER: $2.00 Cash Fee Payable at Door
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.