September 23, 2015
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Open Water Swim: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members.
Open Water Swim at Lake Mission Viejo - fresh water preparation!
NOTE: This open water swim is for ALL TRILAVIE MEMBERS. Swim support is available and coaching on the basics of open water swim conducted.
RSVP! Please let us know you are coming by 8pm on Tuesday to get on the lake list!
Hydration: Please come to training well-hydrated, especially at night. If you know you are a salty-sweater, be sure to start taking electrolytes at least 1 hour prior to swimming. Need more guidance? Please review the Learning Components on Fueling and Hydration. Those are very simple but very important aspects of your training guide and are found in the Team Toolbox.
- Swim - distances dependent upon training goals.
- Swim Clinic with the Basics of Open Water Swimming
- Most swim goals are EASY, going longer than you've done before!
- Wetsuits optional: water is warm, but you may want to try yours out!
- Wetsuit OPTIONAL!! Water is really too warm for them, though!
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Recovery food, especially at the end of the day.
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.