Open Water Swim Clinic – Lake MV – 8:00am
July 7, 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am
Open Water Swim Clinic: Coached clinic at the lake on the basics of open water swimming as they relate to triathlons. Perfect for summer or fall racing preparation! Open to men and women.
Open Water Swim Clinic: Co-Ed
These clinics are conducted by professional triathlon and swim coaches at Lake Mission Viejo, are open to men and women, and will provide the basics of open water swimming with essential techniques for more water confidence and better racing.
- Race starts - both the mental and physical components
- Sighting practice so you will swim in the right direction
- Adaptation to swimming in a wetsuit, (optional)
- Swimming without walls and managing the openness
- How to tread and clear & replace goggles
- And.... of course.... quick wetsuit removal!
All this for just $25!
Take advantage of this coached clinic to prepare you to swim with confidence at your next race!
- Lake Mission Viejo is clean, safe and beautiful!! There is an additional $3 Lake MV admission fee each clinic, payable at the gate. Please indicate you are a guest of Swim Velocity.
This class is suitable for swimmers who are water-safe and generally comfortable swimming, but is designed for the newer open water swimmer or the triathlete who wants to improve and "own" the swim! The lake has both shallow and deep areas so you may stay where you are comfortable if you are new to open water and want to progress gradually!
You are welcome to stay and enjoy the water and lake after the clinic to practice or just enjoy the day!
- Bathing suit or triathlon racing suit
- Wetsuit (Optional, but recommended)
- Swim cap
- Water to drink
- Change of clothes/Shower items (outdoor shower)
Exceptional Coaching - Coach David Light:
Triathlon & Swim Coach, Specializing in Swim Technique and Open Water Training
David Light has competed in triathlons for more than 25 years at the elite level, including Ironman and DOUBLE Ironmans. Still active in racing, he is a top 3 finisher in virtually every competition. His coaching specialties for TriLaVie and Swim Velocity include pool swimming and open water swim clinics. David’s coaching talents span the needs of the new triathlete as well as the competitor seeking top age-group finishes. He hails from Bristol, England as a former nationally ranked swimmer. David has been coaching for more than 15 years, specializing in triathlon training and personal coaching for men and women. David is a certified USA Triathlon Level I Coach, certified lifeguard and personal trainer.
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.