- March 26, 2016
7:30 am - 10:30 am
Open Water Swim + Clinic + Bike or Run: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members plus an optional bike ride or run. Swim clinic provided for newbies to open water!
Open Water Swim at Lake Mission Viejo - fresh water preparation!
This open water swim is for ALL TRILAVIE MEMBERS. Swim support is available and coaching on the basics of open water swim conducted. Come play in the water!
$3, payable at the gate upon entry. Mission Viejo is a private facility and you must be on the guest list to enter. Entry requires a fee, one of the very few trainings that we ask you to pay extra.
RSVP! Please let us know you are coming by 8pm on Friday to get on the lake list!
- 7:00 - 7:30am Sign in and raffles (for LA TriSeries #2!)
- 7:30am SHARP! Training begins with an announcement from the Coach. Don't miss it!
- Swim - distances dependent upon training goals
- Swim Clinic with the Basics of Open Water Swimming reviewed for newbies
- Wetsuits optional: water is warm-ish, but you may want to use yours!
- New-to-TLV has option to borrow, while supplies last at the training
- MIX AND MATCH YOUR TRAINING! Pick something after swim that works for you this week. Bike OR Run, or just EAT!
- Bike: Optional for experienced road riders. Santiago Canyon or Hill Repeats
- Sprint 1.5 hours, 70.3/OLY 2 hours, Ironman 40 miles
- Run: Optional, around the lake 20 minutes - 3.5 miles, depending upon fitness
- Guided Strength and Stretch after training if you return back before 10:00am
- Team Breakfast served between 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Watch - water resistant!!! Please bring this to each and every training. Mandatory!
- Wetsuit OPTIONAL!! Water is warm.
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit/team uniform or bathing suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run gear or Bike Gear, including helmet
- Recovery food, but we'll have breakfast too
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
- Lawn Chair
Please bring a breakfast item once each 8-weeks! See the link for options. Usually posted on the Wednesday before training.
BREAKFAST LINK (bookmark this link for future reference)
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.