Open Water Swim and/or Run for TriLaVie Team Members
September 6, 2015
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Open Water Swim: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members.
Open Water Swim at Corona del Mar
NOTE: This open water swim is for members who are now good-to-go in ocean swimming without direct coaching or clinic needs. Still uncomfortable in the water? We can do some "water-play" and practice closer to the shore.
8:00am LATE START IN WATER: The swim will start at 8am. If you want to run before, you are welcome to do that. If you are training for 70.3, I recommend that you arrive at 7am to run your 12 miles and then enjoy a restorative swim or romp in the water!
Holiday Weekend - Guests Welcome!
Since this is Labor Day Weekend, you are invited to bring friends or family members. However, please do not let them swim if they are not totally - totally - comfortable, okay? TLV resources are focused on team goals.
Paddlers and Swim Buddies Welcome! Got a friend or family members who can be on a board with us or swim with the group to guide them? Bring them along!
- 7am - Long Distance Runners meet to start 12-miler in Crystal Cove
- 8am - Swimmers start - Swim - distances dependent upon training goals.
- 9:30am - breakfast is served
- Social, race review, TLV-TCT goal discussion.... and showing of the medal!!
- Wetsuit (mandatory for ocean open water swims with TriLaVie)
- Goggles, TRILAVIE swim cap, tri-suit, towel, shower supplies, flip flops
- Run gear, optional
- Water to drink, lots of it!
- Dry clothes and extra towel
- Beach chair to enjoy social time after the training
Venue: Corona del Mar State Beach
This beach is better known as “Big Corona” is the most popular triathlete swimming beach in OC. Parking is $15 in the lot, or you can park on Ocean Blvd near Heliotrope street and walk down the steps to the beach. Meet on the grassy area next to the parking lot closest to the jetty at Lifeguard Tower #3. The jetty provides a border to the right of the beach.