Open Water Swim – 1 miler at Newport Dunes
June 21, 2017
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Open Water Swim: Triathlon Swim Preparation for TriLaVie Team Members. Chance to do your 1 mile time trial.
Open Water Swim
Practice in the open water. Newport Dunes is a great place to become familiar with ocean water swimming. For those participating at SDIT this weekend, it is a great time to get a final long swim in before the race. You will be able to do a 1-mile time trial or at distance that works with your training plan.
- Option to run around Back Bay beforehand.
- Please be ready to swim at 6:00 pm for instructions.
- *For TriLaVie Team Members Only
- Wetsuit (mandatory), goggles, swim cap
- WATCH - waterproof
- Body Glide or Slide or Pam Cooking Spray!
- Bathing suit or Triathlon race uniform/kit
- Sunscreen, preferably strong mineral type
- Running gear including shoes and water/fuel to drink
- Towels – swimming, stretching, showering
- Flip Flops recommended (always in swim areas)
Got Questions? Contact Lisa 949-614-9711.
Venue: Newport Dunes - Back Bay
Newport Dunes is a recreational area in the Back Bay of Newport Beach. The swimming area is a bay and there is direct access to the Upper Newport Bay cycling and running route – a paved road with low-car traffic. You can park on the street for free in designated areas. No need to pay to enter the Newport Dunes Complex.