Open Water Lake Swim + Run 7:00 am
September 10, 2017
7:00 am - 10:00 am
Open Water Group Swim with skills for race preparation. Practice drills and distance swims “bricked” with a run for triathlons.
Swim + Run at Lake Mission Viejo with team. Swimming will include overview of open water skills inside the ropes and race entry (or not) . The run is around the lake on the surface streets and sidewalks.
This training requires a $3 fee per person payable at the gate. Lake Mission Viejo is a private, member-only facility. Your enrollment in TriLaVie entitles you to be our guest. Please follow all the rules and use your best courtesy to all the staff and lifeguards. RSVP here gets you on the guest-list. Only those on the list may enter the Lake property.
Please RSVP at the TriLaVie Calendar by 3pm on Saturday to get on the guest list.
- Early arrival at 6:45 am. You can run beforehand if you choose.
- Run 3.5 miles around the lake for experienced runners
- Run 20 minutes max for new runners/triathletes
- Wetsuit (optional), goggles, swim cap
- WATCH - waterproof
- Body Glide or Slide or Pam Cooking Spray!
- Bathing suit or Triathlon race uniform/kit
- Sunscreen, preferably strong mineral type
- Running gear including shoes and water/fuel to drink
- Towels – swimming, stretching, showering
- Flip Flops recommended (always in swim areas)
- Recovery food or dinner to enjoy after training.
Please bring a breakfast items once each 8 weeks. Use the link below (updated on Wednesdays). Bookmark this link for future reference.
REMINDER: $3.00 Cash Fee Payable at Gate upon entry
Venue: Lake Mission Viejo
Lake Mission Viejo (LMVA) is a private, member-only facility and Orange County’s only fresh-water swimming lake. Athletes must be on the guest list and pay $2 in order to gain entry. TriLaVie & Swim Velocity host special swims and events here for registered participants only. The lake features a swim area, beach, boats and picnic areas. NO GLASS ALLOWED. Please follow all instructions of Lake Staff and Lifeguards. Thank you.