- March 8, 2017
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
High Fat - Low Carb Benefits: Scientific evidence, as well as anecdotal feedback from triathletes, confirms that increasing your good fats can benefit your health, performance and weight-loss goals. What? Come learn more at this seminar that is free and open to all.
This event is part of our TriLaVie Wellness Wednesdays for Women Series! Open to all women who are interested in learning more about the TriLaVie Team experience while energizing and improving your life. Through March, we welcome you to join us.
Benefits of a Ketogenic Diet for the Endurance Athlete
According to psychologytoday.com, the modern prescription of high carbohydrate, low fat diets and eating snacks between meals has coincided with an increase in obesity, diabetes, heart disease and an increase in the incidence of many mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety, and eating disorders.
What? How can that be? Come learn how changing your nutrition can change your health, endurance and well-being.
- Background and overall benefits of a High Fat - Low Carb Diet
- General guidelines of how to follow a HFLC Diet as well as specific application to endurance athletes
- How Keto OS can support and maximize the benefits of a HFLC Diet
PRESENTER: Skip Kelly
- Life Time Athletic Metabolic Specialist
- Life Time Athletic Nutrition Coach
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist
- Muscle Activation Techniques Jumpstart
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Resistance Training Specialist 123
- Force and the Nervous System 1&2
Skip suffered a life changing injury to his lower spine at the age of 18 and after refusing surgical recommendations, spent years piecing together nutrition and fitness techniques that allowed him to return to normal function. He has since run a full marathon, danced hip hop professionally, and is an avid hiker among other things. Excited to share everything he learned healing his own body he went through 6 further years of education and now helps clients such as those from the US and Taiwan Olympic Teams, professional athletes, and C-Level executives rehabilitate their bodies’ and minds’ via precision nutrition, lifestyle and fitness coaching. He thoroughly enjoys spending time with and helping people that are S.F.E. (or passionate) about their life and health.
This program is part of TriLaVie's Wellness Wednesdays Series. It is free and open to all.
Venue Phone: 949-614-9711
Venue Website: www.TriLaVie.comAddress: