May 17, 2014
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Natural Running Clinic: Run stronger, faster and healthier with better form and attention to skills and techniques. Join TriLaVie and Rausch Physical Therapy and Sports Performance for this clinic. Free and open to the public. Co-ed and family friendly!
Northwood High School, Irvine, 7:30-9:00am
Natural Running coaches and physical therapists will conduct the clinic with an emphasis on promoting strong, safe, fast running with good form and drills to improve all-around run performance.
- Natural Running Overview (brief lecture)
- How do we learn to run Naturally?
- Running Drills for good form
- Run Sets and Intervals to practice good form
- Strength and Stretch exercises for better running
- Self-Care techniques to promote recovery and health
- Running gear including shoes, socks, hat and sunglasses if you wish
- Water to drink
- Mat and Towel for stretch, strength and self-care
- Optional Lawn chair for lecture portion (or sit on the ground)
This Natural Running Clinic is brought to you by a partnership between TriLaVie and Rausch Physical Therapy and Sports Performance.
Contact TriLaVie Founder and Head Coach Martha 949-374-2096
TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Founder and Head Coach
I fell in love with triathlon in 2001 when I moved to California from the northeast. The variety of swim-bike-run training works into a healthy lifestyle and I choose a few races each year to stay motivated and feel young. Though I was inspired by watching the Hawaii Ironman growing up, I never imagined I’d be a triathlete, let alone an Ironman myself! Triathlon enriches my life so much, I want to find ways to share that well-being with others. As a life-long educator, the transition to coaching feels natural for me. I am passionate about sharing the challenge of triathlon with women of all athletic abilities. My favorite part of coaching is witnessing the overwhelming joy felt by a new triathlete crossing the finish line for the first time. There is nothing like it. Contact Martha 949-374-2096
Coaching specialties include:
Triathlon racing, indoor cycling w/power meters, beginning and advanced swim technique for triathlon, open water swimming for beginners, natural running, Galloway Method running, resistance training, yoga, and group fitness instruction.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Triathlon Coach – Level I
- US Masters Swimming Certified Coach – Level II
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certified Coach – Level II
- Lemond Academy Certified Cycling Coach
- Stages Indoor Cycling with Power Certified Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
Venue: Northwood High School
TriLaVie trainings are typically held in the back parking lot unless otherwise designated.