- May 16, 2015
7:00 am - 9:30 am
iTRYathlon Race Preparation: Run-Ride-Run: Let's train on the iTRYathlon Race Course and practice our run-to-bike as well as review cycling skills, run form, transition.
iTRYathlon Race Preparation: Run-Ride-Run
- Set up gear as if you are racing, transition area for run, bike and swim.
- Review running form, cycling skills and practice transition a few times
- Run/Walk #1 = from 10 minutes to 5k depending upon fitness and goals
- Bike = 3-9 miles depending upon fitness and goals
- Run/Walk #2 = 10 minutes as a transition and a view of the pool!
- Sorry! We couldn't get pool use yet, but I'm still working on it
- All running gear: shoes, hat, sunglasses, socks! WATER BOTTLE!
- All cycling gear: helmet, gloves, sunglasses, shoes, WATER BOTTLES!
- Transition Towel: Hand-towel to put gear on
- Bandana: if you have one - to tie onto the transition rack
- WATER! To drink before, during and after
- Swim suit... okay, let's be optimistic here. You never know, right?
About Martha Szufnarowski
TriLaVie & Swim Velocity Founder and Head Coach
I fell in love with triathlon in 2001 when I moved to California from the northeast. The variety of swim-bike-run training works into a healthy lifestyle and I choose a few races each year to stay motivated and feel young. Though I was inspired by watching the Hawaii Ironman growing up, I never imagined I’d be a triathlete, let alone an Ironman myself! Triathlon enriches my life so much, I want to find ways to share that well-being with others. As a life-long educator, the transition to coaching feels natural for me. I am passionate about sharing the challenge of triathlon with women of all athletic abilities. My favorite part of coaching is witnessing the overwhelming joy felt by a new triathlete crossing the finish line for the first time. There is nothing like it. Contact Martha
Coaching specialties include:
Triathlon racing, indoor cycling w/power meters, beginning and advanced swim technique for triathlon, open water swimming for beginners, natural running, Galloway Method running, resistance training, yoga, and group fitness instruction.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Triathlon Coach – Level I
- US Masters Swimming Certified Coach – Level II
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certified Coach – Level II
- Lemond Academy Certified Cycling Coach
- Stages Indoor Cycling with Power Certified Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
Venue: Northwood High School
TriLaVie trainings are typically held in the back parking lot unless otherwise designated.