March 5, 2016
7:30 am - 10:30 am
Cycling Skills Clinic + Riding for Triathlon Team Training: Learn the essentials of outdoor riding including basic skills, safety in the streets, gearing, group riding. This is the first TLV Triathlon Team weekend training welcoming new and returning members!
Ready to ride!
Let's start triathlon training with the most FUN sport: CYCLING!! If you are new to riding, you'll learn the basics of outdoor cycling including bike handling skills, safety and riding strong and powerfully! If you are an experienced rider, you'll train on routes that include off-road paved paths or the road depending upon your comfort level.
Clinic offered by renowned TriLaVie Cycling Coach Kristen Lawrence, owner of Pure Ride Cycles.
- Meeting times are based upon your training goals and will change weekly. Please note! RTR = Ready to Ride or Ready to Run!
- If you are new to TriLaVie this year, please meet at 8:00am regardless of your goal distance
- Ironman Trainers: 6:45am meeting with Coach Martha, RTR at 7:15am
- Half Ironman Trainers: 7:15am meeting with Coach Martha RTR at 7:45am
- Olympic/Sprinters: 7:15am meeting with Coach Martha RTR at 7:45am
- New to TriLaVie (all distances): 8:00am meeting to start your TLV Journey!!
- New riders will take Kristen's Cycling Clinic
- Learn about parts of the bike, gearing and riding basics in a lecture format.
- Ride on an off-road paved trail - no cars! Ride for about 30 minutes.
- Experienced riders will get an overview of advanced cycling skills with Coach Martha
- Sprinters and Olympic trainers will ride the paved trail
- Half and Full Ironman trainers will do a road ride
- Optional transition clinic or "brick" training- go from bike to run!
- Strength, Stretch and Self Care with Coach Martha
- TLV Orientation Overview: Where do I go from here?
- Enjoy breakfast with TriLaVie members, coaches and partners.
- Cycling gear including bike, helmet, sunglasses, gloves, cycling shoes (optional)
- Warm clothing, layers. It will start cold and then get warm.
- Fuel/Water for 2 hours of training
- Running shoes
- Comfortable clothing for cycling and running - nothing fancy yet!
- Towels: 2 hand towels, 1 bath towel for transition and stretch work
- Mat - if you have one for stretch
- Lawn Chair for lecture part of the training
- An open mind to learning new things and meeting new people!
NOTE! If you are new to triathlon and thinking, "Whoa! I have to pack a trailer to come to
training..." Well, yes.. .and no. Team trainings encompass ALOT of activities. It will get easier as you go along. Or you'll get more organized. Or not. Still lots of fun!
Don't have a bike? Pure Ride Cycles will rent one to you. Low risk, high fun!
- Bike rentals are available for 1 day - 8 weeks or more.
- Call Pure Ride Cycles to discuss this option with Kristen or stop by the shop!
Venue: Woodbridge High School