- June 27, 2015
7:00 am - 10:00 am
Cycling and Hill Repeats with a transition run for Team TriLaVie. Riding Santiago Canyon or El Toro Trail. Training distances are according to race-goal plans and experience.
This cycling experience is open and appropriate for all levels of riders, all bikes. You will use the part of the trail that works best for you. Please arrive early to prepare your equipment and be sure your bike is in good working order. Martha will review proper cycling strategy for the training.
- 7:00am RTR (ready to ride) Announcements
- Overview of bike form and pedaling mechanics for hill climbing and decent safely.
- Santiago Canyon Ride Option for experienced.
- Hill Repeats (3-5) for newer riders or strength seekers.
- Transition Run (1-6 miles)
- Watch or Time Piece! You WILL time your ride and your intervals.
- Cell Phone: Please carry this with you on all bike rides and runs.
- NO MUSIC! No iPods, No phones, no radios. NO MUSIC! USAT rules and ours today!
- Bike, helmet and all cycling gear
- Fuel/Water for 2 hours of training: bike + run
- Running gear
- There is no specific address for the El Toro Trail. Use the closest office building address and look for the TriLaVie Sign. The entrance to the parking lot known as T2 is off El Toro near the BACK entrance to Saddleback Church and the intersection of Marguerite.
El Toro Trail - T2 for OC Triathlon
20532 El Toro Rd
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
There is a narrow entrance to the trail and you will cross the path utilized by cyclists and runners.
Since this area has limited parking, we will "double park" in the main area. Leave your keys in the car under your driver's side mat. If we need to move your car, we'll do it lovingly.
Unfortunately, there is no bathroom at T2/Transition. Use the facilities at the local stores or when you ride up to the McFadden Historic House /Ranger Station near the top of the trail.
Please bring a breakfast item: BREAKFAST LINK (bookmark this link for future reference)