Cycling for TriLaVie Members
August 22, 2015
7:00 am - 10:00 am
Cycling for Team TriLaVie. This is a no-drop ride for cyclists doing up to 25 miles. Additional mileage may be added to meet training goals for Half Ironman and Ironman.
This cycling experience is open and appropriate for all levels of riders, all bikes.
You will use the Santa Ana River Trail (known now as SART) from Huntington Beach and going inland (toward Yorba Linda). Please arrive early to prepare your equipment and be sure your bike is in good working order.
Cindy "Ironman-Mountain-Bike-Racer" Mason Jar and Nadine "I-am-strong-and-getting-stronger-in-retirement" Skutnik are your TriLaVie Member Hosts. Contact Cindy at 949 697-2834 if necessary.
- 7:00am RTR (ready to ride) Announcements
- Ride SART for 25 miles (or to your training goal with partners)
- Transition Run (per your plan) - Highly recommended at the Beach!!
- Optional: put your legs in the ocean water when you are done to restore them and connect with the majesty of our OC beaches. Right ON!
- Watch or Time Piece! You WILL time your ride and your intervals.
- Cell Phone! Program ICE (In case of emergency contact)
- An App that tracks your distance and pace!
- Bike, helmet and all cycling gear
- Fuel/Water for 2+ hours of training: bike + run
- Running gear
- Towels, etc for your ocean-water-leg-bath-post-run/ride!
- Recovery FOOD! You will need this for sure! Plan, plan plan!
For this ride, please contact Cindy Mason 949 697-2834 if you have any questions.
PLEASE wear a TLV jersey to make it easier to spot everyone.
Huntington State Beach Parking Lot on PCH. The address to the main entrance on Magnolia is 21601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92646 - but use the entrance at Brookhurst if you can). Meet at the start of SART in the corner of the parking lot. Most convenient parking is in the lot at PCH and Brookhurst, but requires a state beach parking pass or a fee of $15. Free parking is on Brookhurst, but plan plenty of time to meet up with the group so you'll be ready to ride at 7am SHARP!