- June 16, 2019
7:30 am - 10:30 am
Bike Ride for TriLaVie Members: Team ride in an amazing SoCal location to enjoy longer cycling, great scenery and a popular, safe route that combines road and paths.
This ride is a combination of busy road, paved trail, beach parking lot and to San Juan Capistrano to San Clemente.
- Ready to ride at 7:30 am sharp, please. We will meet off Christianitos and review route. We will be riding to the gates before Camp Pendleton and back with option for multiple loops.
- Turn around at designated mileage for your training goals and fitness.
- Run (Optional) - Path down paved trail approx. 3 mile out and back.
ROUTE and WIND ADVISORY:
This route has a little of everything! It has rolling hills and lots of sections with flat road. However, it can get windy and that will slow you down substantially. If you are unsure about your fitness for a distance, go less. If you still feel good and have time at the end of your ride, feel free to continue!
- Water - at least 2 bottles for the bike, but be sure to start well-hydrated.
- Fuel - bring 100-200 calories/hour mixed in your bottles. Gels are only in case of a longer, unexpected ride or to give to an unprepared rider (hey... at least you'll get to ride well!)
- Electrolytes - a product with 200-500 milligrams of sodium per hour, or capsules to supplement.
- Bike, HELMET, bike shoes, bike clothes, sunglasses, gloves, fluid/fuel/electrolytes, etc.
- Please RSVP with ride distance goal, your average pace for a long ride.
- Pace! Not sure of your pace? Calculate from your last race or estimate from your training!
***NO TEAM BREAKFAST THIS DAY. There are some restaurants in the area, including great breakfast burritos near the parking lot!
Venue Phone: 949-374-2096
Venue Website: www.TriLaVie.comAddress:
This parking lot serves Trestles Beach/San Onofre State Beach in San Clemente. Park on the street or in the State Parking Lot. It is near a Carl’s Jr to use the bathroom.