- October 7, 2018
7:00 am - 10:30 am
Bike Ride for TriLaVie Members: Team ride in an amazing SoCal location to enjoy longer cycling, great scenery and a popular, safe route that combines road and paths.
This is a beautiful ride with a combination of road, paved trail, beach parking lot (no kidding!) into San Clemente.
- Ready to ride at 7:00 am sharp, please. We need to review pace groups and route.
- Ride from San Juan Capistrano to San Clemente, 15 mile loop. You have the option to choose between 1-3 loops.
- Turn around at designated mileage for your training goals and fitness.
- Run (Optional) - Path down to the beach approx. 3 mile out and back.
- Team Breakfast: Yes, the best for last... please sign up for an item to bring for our social time after our training. BREAKFAST LINK
ROUTE and WIND ADVISORY:
This route can be deceiving! It has lots of sections with flat road. However, it can get windy and that will slow you down substantially. If you are unsure about your fitness for a distance, go less. If you still feel good and have time at the end of your ride, feel free to add a run!
- Water - at least 2 bottles for the bike, but be sure to start well-hydrated.
- Fuel - bring 100-200 calories/hour mixed in your bottles. Gels are only in case of a longer, unexpected ride or to give to an unprepared rider (hey... at least you'll get to ride well!)
- Electrolytes - a product with 200-500 milligrams of sodium per hour, or capsules to supplement.
- Bike, HELMET, bike shoes, bike clothes, sunglasses, gloves, fluid/fuel/electrolytes, etc.
- Please RSVP with ride distance goal, your average pace for a long ride.
- Pace! Not sure of your pace? Calculate from your last race or estimate from your training!
Come join us!!
Venue Phone: 949-374-2096
Venue Website: www.TriLaVie.comAddress:
The location is adjacent to the San Juan Creek Trail (sometimes listed on Google as the Trabuco Creek Trail). It is an off-road, paved trail connecting SJC and Doheny Beach in Dana Point (3.5 miles). From here, you can ride into San Clemente to the train station, but you will be on surface streets that are quite busy. This is a great running trail for flat runs that have nice breezes and brings you to the ocean.